Friday, November 30, 2007

Don't Mess With My Personal Space

Dear Man Standing Practically on Top of me at the Pharmacy,

I realize that this may come as quite a bit of a shock to you, but I did not appreciate you standing so close to me while we were in line. My stepping away from you was not an invitation for you to move even closer to me, and those were not come hither looks that I was giving you.

I realize that being well over 6 feet tall and at least 300 pounds, gives you the sizable (groan, I just couldn't resist) advantage over most people. But, guess what??? I didn't appreciate your overbearing stature, or your breath and body odor. Thank goodness there was that tiny little sign that told you to wait where you were, and you were able to read the sign which afforded me some privacy as I made my pharmaceutical transaction. I'm curious to know, if that sign wasn't there, were you planning on joining me at the counter?

You were quite fortunate that the wait in line wasn't too long. Had you gotten any closer, or had the wait lasted even a few more minutes, you would have felt all of my sizable weight land on your big toe. ooops...sorry

Just thought you'd want to know,
The woman in front of you.

7 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

ooooh! That drives me so insane when folks invade my personal space. I feel weird joining a group if the space for me is too tight too. My friends accept me though.

sorry mr bad breath thought you were so nice.

Renee Nefe said...

oh and we're not loving the lines at the pharmacy! Having to fill lots of Mom's scripts and now DH is on meds too.

slow panic said...

I hate hate hate when people get all up in my personal space. Hmmm, maybe this is why I love the internet so much....

Michele said...

Well, you could always hope the 2 bean burritos you ate the night before takes effect awfully quick. :)

meno said...

That's when i take my backpack style purse and swing it up and bop them with it.

"Oh, sorry."

ms chica said...

Ditto. I've waited in that line before.

I'm short, but I'm clumsy and have been known to make excellent use of my size sevens.

Lynn said...

Renee - What is it with people thinking a stranger would want them standing so close?

Remee - Fortunately the line wasn't too long:~)

Jodi - The internet certainly allows for as much personal space as you could want.

Michele - If only:~)

Meno - I have a backpack style purse as well. Unfortunately I didn't have it with me. Besides, I don't think that I could have created any momentum with the purse...the guy was so close.

Ms Chica - I may have to start wearing high heels, the kind with the really pointy heel. I think they would be perfect in situations like this. heehee