Saturday, December 1, 2007

Mission Accomplished

There have been times in my life when I have started something, become discouraged, distracted, or I realized it just wasn't for me.. and I quit. There have been other times in my life where I have been willing, determined, and able to see something through to the end...and I have.

I wasn't sure what would happen with NaBloPoMo. I knew when I signed up to participate and posted it on my blog, that if I decided to quit people would know about it (not necessarily care one way or the other, but they would know that I was a quitter). I 'encouraged' my sister, Joan to sign up too, figuring (correctly as it turned out) that if I started to become overwhelmed with the committment, or discouraged with my own lack of creativity, I would be able to turn to her for support and ideas.

It turned out that there were days when my mind just drew a blank. On those days I would call my sister, and she was there for me, offering encouragement, and sometimes an idea or two, to get me through the block in my brain.

I don't know how much I've helped Joan, but I want Joan to know that I really appreciate having her for a sister. So thanks Joan...together we survived NaBloPoMo...or is that Nipomoblomo?

5 comments:

Joan said...

Geez...that's sweet so thanks back at you! I'd have thanked you in my post only I'm so sleep deprived at the moment I can't think straight. Sigh...

slow panic said...

You guys are sisters??? cool!

so nice you are able to be such support for each other.

Renee Nefe said...

I think I like your NaBloPoopedMo better than Joan's I Did It thingy.

Congrats to you both. I know how tough it can be coming up with something I consider blogworthy. so for you to do it for 30 days straight is a real acomplishment.

Congrats! Now you can take a break.

Ralph said...

Lynn, congrats on maintaining the blogging flow in NaBloPoMo! Happy to have your nice prose on my blogroll...

jaded said...

Sisters are an excellent source of encouragement when you're an adult, as a kid I think the proper phrase for it is peer pressure. Congratulations on maintaining the momentum!