Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day 2007

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Today is Veteran's Day. A day to reflect on those who have selflessly served our country. My father was a veteran of WWII (the war after the war to end all wars). When he died at the ripe old age of 86, a flag was draped upon his coffin and then presented to my mother. On behalf of my family, I want to take the time today to thank all the servicemen and servicewomen who serve our country and protect our freedom. May they come home safe and sound.

7 comments:

Joan said...

Amen to coming home safe and sound.

Patti said...

Ralph and I will be off to our local Veterans Day program in a little while.

ms chica said...

War for freedom, too many paradoxes in this world.

Thanks to all who serve and protect both present and past.

Lynn said...

Joan - Yep

Patti - Hope the local Veteran's Day Program was good.

Ms. Chica - Paradoxes are what make this world so 'interesting'.

Mary said...

I keep all the troops, both Canadian and US in my prayers that they will come home safely.

Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Mary

Michele said...

This a beautiful post Lynn. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn said...

Mary - Amen for the safe return of all troops everywhere.

Michele - You are welcome.