Monday, November 26, 2007

Post Birthday Rambling

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Elle and DH had gone shopping the day before and bought some great presents. (cause it was all about me).

Elle gave me a checkbook cover (from a store that begins with B and rhymes with frighten). Ten gave me a silver eyeglass holder for around my neck from the same store. And then both kids bought me a bright red shirt, because Elle thinks that I look good in that color.

We saw the movie "Enchanted" in the afternoon. It was cute for a Disney movie. I certainly left it smiling (and not just because it was over:~)

For the evening part of the festivities Joan and Rick came over and gave me a lavender scented neck warmer, and two small black purses (that I have been searching for, forever!). We then all drove to a restaurant, where we were met by my cousin The Moose Buyer. Dinner was delicious. Elle ran into some friends from school at the restaurant (which meant we didn't see her for awhile).

All in all, if one has to have a birthday...this one was tops in my book! (even if I never did get that nap)

7 comments:

meno said...

I'm glad you had an excellent day. We saw Enchanted this weekend too. It was fun, although i've pretty much forgotten it already.

Marshamlow said...

I am glad you had a great day, you deserve it.

Renee Nefe said...

sounds pretty good...the only thing better would have been getting the nap!

Happy Birthday.

Michele said...

I'm glad you're day went fine. To me, birthdays are something that I think are wonderful for the little ones, I just find them ok for me. My husband tries to make them a big deal but I always try to tone them down somewhat.
I love lavender ... very soothing. Take it easy Lynn.

the moose buyer said...

Lynn, although the restaurant and dinner were great, the company I was with was much better. Outside of your age (can I possibly be this old? I now realize how mom felt when she remembered how old I was) everything was perfect.

Mary said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I especially like the thought of the scented scarf.

Blessings,
Mary

Lynn said...

Meno - Enchanted was forgettable, but cute at the time.

Marsha - Thanks. I don't know if I really deserved it, but I know that I appreciated it.

Renee - Naps rock.

Michele - Once I reached a certain age, I figured that birthdays were overrated, and coming way too quickly. sigh. I didn't like the smell of lavender until about 2 years ago.

The Moose Buyer - A good time was had by all, so glad that you were able to be there;~)

Mary - You put the lavender scented neck warmer into the microwave for two minutes and then it gets warm and gives off a lavender scent...it is heaven.