Thursday, May 28, 2009
I asked him if he had some sort of magic wand to make the screw magically come out . He said that he doesn't (darn it!)...and that I need to have "a procedure" to have the screw removed : ( The "procedure" will take place in his office on June 15th.
I am not looking forward to it : ( sigh.......breathe in...breathe out
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Dear Bitch in the Lin.coln Navi.gator,
I want to thank you for your thoughtlessness the other night. Clearly the fact that you drive a big-ass SUV means that you are absolutely allowed to park in as many spaces as you want. In fact, your parking job was so thoughtless that I think that you should teach a class to other self-involved bitches instructing them on the proper technique for taking at least two parking spaces, and for making sure that one of them is a handicap parking space. My daughter and I especially enjoyed how you walked out of the store and got into your car without any apology to me for taking up the one spot that I needed to park in. That's right, the one that was painted blue with a white wheelchair on it. I must have missed your placard.
I want you to know that I am looking forward to the day when you need to park in that spot, and some other self-involved bitch makes it impossible.
BTW, in the State of California, the fine for parking in a handicap parking spot, when you don't have a placard is...$250-$500 for the for the first offense...of course, seeing how thoughtless you are, I'm thinking that you have already worked your way up to 3+ offenses at the cost of $750-$1,000 each. Please remit your check to any DMV office.
Limping along slowly
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I'm not sure how I will hold up. Tomorrow I plan on spending the whole day writing reports...yuck. Today I fell asleep on the sofa at 11:30am...how will I ever last until 3pm? Tomorrow should be interesting...sigh.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I felt great getting behind the wheel again. Of course, Elle told me that I looked pretty dorky driving with my left leg up on the dashboard...but a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. We accomplished quite a bit:
- Pharmacy - picked up prescription...didn't have the kind of kitty food we needed : (
- Supermarket - picked up apple pie filling...didn't have the kind of kitty food we needed : (
- Pet supply store - picked up the kitty food we needed : )
- Different supermarket - picked up blueberry pie filling : )
Elle had worked up quite an appetite not only lifting the wheelchair in and out of the car...but also pushing me around in it...so we stopped at the local ice cream store. It made perfect sense to me, to get Elle two scoops of icecream to go (and to get some for DH and Sport)... however, I can't figure out exactly why I also needed two scoops of icecream...I was just sitting in the wheelchair the whole time...sigh.
We came home, I put my foot up and now I am ready for a nap...hopefully no one will eat my icecream while I sleep...breathe in...breathe out.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I am now one week post surgery and have learned some important lessons:
- My bathroom is a long, long, long way from my bed. (o.k. fine...it just feels that way)
- I am a well-hydrated woman. (see #1 above)
- Showering while standing on one leg is tough.
- Shaving while standing on one leg is tougher.
- I'm pretty tough.
- Accepting help from others is difficult for me.
- I expect perfection from myself...but not from others.
- Going down the stairs on your bottom is more fun when you're a kid.
- Going upstairs on your bottom doesn't really work : (
- Sometimes I whine...for no other reason than I am feeling sorry for myself.
Clearly I've had a lot of time on my hands to sit and do nothing. Before the surgery, I had a fantasy that I would use my time in bed to organize my bedroom (by cleaning out my dresser drawers) ...instead I've used my time to veg-out in front of the TV...sigh