Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Day After

Things turned out much better yesterday that I could have hoped for. DH and Ten left about 9:30am to go to a friends house for an "After Thanksgiving Day breakfast". As DH was driving, he spotted a telephone company truck down the block, and the repairman working on a huge box (located at ground level). DH asked the repairman if he had an order for our address and he said he did. He added that he would be giving me a call within 15 minutes.
Within 10 minutes the repairman had called to tell me that there were loose wires in the box and that whenever a car went buy it loosened the connection and that is why our phone service to that line had been intermittent. He said that he didn't need to get into our house, because it looked like he had fixed the problem, but that he would call me back in 1 hour to be sure that the problem had been fixed. Which it was.

DH came home from the breakfast around 11am and then he and I went and purchased a new car for him. (I'm thinking that this counts as his birthday present for at least the next 20 years...lol). It's a black on black Acura TSX, and it is a beautiful machine! DH hasn't had a new car in almost 14 years, so he really deserves it. Today the satellite alarm people come to put a tracking device on the car sometime between noon and 6pm.
The waiting begins again. sigh

8 comments:

Joan said...

Rick and I are so excited for your DH...he definitely deserves a new car. Oh...and did I mention now Rick is really bugging me about buying an Acura TL for me...thanks a lot. ;~)

Unknown said...

Ooo....very nice. :-)

sari said...

sounds like an all around great day! it's nice when you don't end up waiting all day long, isn't it?

Renee Nefe said...

Loathe the waiting. We've got someone coming between 10 and 12 to look at our garage door...the spring broke! Thank goodness DH is here to deal with the guy...also helps for the Military discount. ;)

slow panic said...

congrats on the new car. hope you all enjoy it! glad the phone company stuff worked out reasonably well.

Marshamlow said...

Oh the new car looks wonderful, enjoy.

Mary said...

I'm glad that it all worked out and that you were able to go with DH to buy the new car. It is a beautiful looking vehicle and if he hasn't had a new car in 14 years, he definitely deserves it.

Lynn said...

Joan - Yeah Rick. I think you should get a new car too!

Nancy Dancehall - The picture doesn't do it justice.

Sari - It certainly is.

Renee - A 2 hour window sounds great... and Military discounts are well deserved!

Jodi - I am sure that we will enjoy the new car.

Marsha - It really is a pretty car, I am sure we will enjoy it.

Mary - Last time he got a new car, I was on bed rest with our daughter. Fortunately, I wasn't on bed rest this time;~)