Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Time Passes

Just read a post by Momhood. If you haven't read it yet you might want to go over there and offer her your sympathy and a great big hug.

I can't believe it's almost March. Seems like it was just New Years Eve. Why is it that time seems to fly by? Not just the weekends mind you...but the weeks as well. When I was younger, it took for ever for the school year to pass, and summer seemed to last a long time. Now every day passes quickly (except when I'm stuck in a very boring meeting...then it drags). Maybe it's just part of getting older... Whatever it is, I feel as if life is moving along and I'm running to keep up. Maybe that's why I still feel so tired...

9 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Yeah, I need this year to just SLOW DOWN! It's going way too fast.

Renee Nefe said...

One of our friends from Church is a former Girl Scout Leader. So she gives us lots of stuff and invited us to her daughter's Gold Award presentation. We also saw girls get their Silver & Bronze awards too. It was very inspiring and Darly is so excited to be a part of this.

Patti said...

I agree with you about the year going at a swift pace. Two months down...
Tempus fugit.

Us "Nutmeggers" are happy though because spring is getting closer every day. I'm waiting to see my first robin...

Patti said...

Lynn, I read the Momhood post and will be giving her my sympathy.

Thanks for showing me Karen's blog. I will continue to read it.

jaded said...

You're right about the relationship between aging and the passage of time. As little as three years ago time passage felt absolutely glacial, now... I can't believe it's March.

Natalie said...

It's true that time seems to go faster as we get older. Only a few years ago, I was counting down to the weekend and now I can't get over how fast the months are flying by. Wasn't it just October a minute ago? How can it be March already?

Andi said...

Seen any good movies lately? :-)
I read your profile.

I am visiting from Wendy's blog. :-)

Andi said...

How is your mother doing???

Lynn said...

Renee - I know that I will blink and it will be June.

Patti - Not only are two months down but daylight savings time starts next week!

Patches - Of course cat years are different than human years so I guess that's why things now pass so quickly for you.

Natalie - Actually, it was November just 5 minutes ago. We must both have the same calendar.

Bluest Butterfly - Movie...what's a movie...haven't even been to see The Bridge to Terebithia (and that's a kids movie). My mom is doing O.K....thanks for asking.