Saturday, February 10, 2007

Me and My Big Mouth

I think I mentioned before that I will be volunteering at my children's Sunday School, one Sunday morning per month. This morning I went to a meeting so I could meet the other volunteers and learn about how things are done. Although I had seen some of these people around, I had never formally been introduced to any of the group members...they all seemed really nice...until I decided to open my mouth. While trying to understand why a certain procedure was being done one way and not another, I asked some questions...(for clarification purposes only)! One of the women in this group shot me a "dirty look". Found out later, she was the person who implemented the system I was questioning. She's also the woman who will be training me. Will try to hard not to open my mouth and insert the other foot!...Wish me luck... I meet with her next week.

8 comments:

Patti said...

That woman should be glad that you showed enough interest to question the procedures. It demonstrates that you want to do a good job as a Sunday School teacher.

Good luck with her.

sari said...

I hope it turns out well for you!

Joan said...

You do not have a big mouth...I've seen it and it's a normal size...trust me. Just remember that old adage "He who does not ask questions is a fool." Actually, it's not an old adage...I made it up...but doesn't it sound good???

Lynn said...

Patti - In a rational world she would be glad I showed an interest...I think in reality she took offense...I won't be a Sunday School teacher (working with kids all week is enough)lol...I'll be an official "greeter".

Sari - Thanks. I hope so too.

Joan - Thanks for the sentimen...may I quote you on that?

meno said...

Some people just seem to enjoy being offended. I hope she's not one of those. Good luck with her.

Lynn said...

Meno - I also hope she isn't one who enjoys being offended. I will keep my fingers crossed...and my mouth shut!...just in case.

Anonymous said...

give it your best shot and hope she understands what you are trying to do. If I have learned one thing being a Moose member is that changes are always good for any organization. It's the people who stay refuse to change which cause the decline of any organization. Hold your ground Lynn, I have always had faith in your determination.

Greeter huh? Well it's good training for a future Walmart job.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh that's awkward. Yuck. By the way, I responded to your comment on my blog, but I'll put it here in case you don't go back to read the comments section. (I know I rarely do that.)

When I was a Creative Memories consultant, we were taught to tell you to start with your current pictures and work forward. Then, as you have time, (if you have time) work backwards, but keep up with the current stuff as your first priority.

That way, it's not as overwhelming. Hope that helps!