Sunday, February 4, 2007

My Mother Made Me Do It!

Well, we were down to, pretty much, just bread and water in the house, so I decided to take my 85 year old mother to the "big warehouse store" in our community. I went armed with a list of 10 items. I was bound and determined NOT to deviate from said list. Yeah, right! Since my mom was with me, I felt obligated to go up and down every single aisle...I mean she needed the exercise...right? So we walked up and down every single aisle, and I couldn't help it, I heard items " calling to me". I heard them say ..."If you knew that we would be here, you would have put us on your list, so just go ahead and buy us, it's allright." I tried to resist...really. I just couldn't help myself. I mean who couldn't use: a new shirt, 3 ink refills for their printer, 16 razor blade refills, 24 packages of breath mints, 10 packages of spaghetti, and of course water...lots and lots of water...????? It wasn't my fault...my mother made me do it!

5 comments:

Joan said...

Sure...blame Mom. Exactly how many items in your basket were for Mom? Let me guess... ;-)

Oh...and what does your new shirt look like and do I need one???

jaded said...

We've all been there sister. three-hundred pounds of cat litter and two dozen AAA batteries....around here it's called the two-hundred dollar store

Lynn said...

Joan - The decaf was for mom :~)

Patches - And to think it used to be called the one-hundred dollar store. (sigh)

Renee Nefe said...

LOL! I do that in the regular grocery store...we don't have a mega warehouse membership 'cuz we're only 3 people.
But I make my list after checking the flyer, then I allow myself 5 extra items. That tends to keep me out of trouble...most of the time.
But I need a list when we go to Wally world too.

Lynn said...

Renee - I wish that I could be as disciplined as you...I don't know why I even bother with a list, because invariable, I always buy the extras!...On another note... pardon my ignorance but what is "Wally World"?