Monday, February 12, 2007

The Wonderful World of Fonts

I wasn't going to post today...I figured I would use my "down time" to continue reading my book, but since I'm home and sure to be interrupted, I decided to post. I know that I've written about the alien alphabet contained in the "word verification" process...but does anyone know why the fonts keep changing??? I don't think that people set the fonts for their "word verifications" because everytime a comment of mine doesn't "take", I have to reenter a new alien word and the fonts keep changing...this of course wrecks havoc on my failing eyesight. (sigh).

3 comments:

Joan said...

Why the heck are you worrying about word verification fonts?!?!?! They change because it's a cool thing to do!

Renee Nefe said...

they change the fonts to make it harder for programs to figure out...a computer can't read it either. Sorry it's so hard for you to read. I've found that if you mess it up once or twice it will come the second or third time in a really big and easy to read font.

re: the cookie delivery...well you saw what happened at my Church. I'm looking forward to doing a Walkabout...it reminds me of when I sold cookies as a Girl Scout...we didn't take orders, we went door to door with cookies in our waggon. I think they still sell the best that way.

Lynn said...

Joan - Clearly it was a "slow thought" day!

Renee - Thanks for the explanation. Re: Cookies... our service unit had us sell cookies directly for our Fall Sales (instead of nuts), and you're right, having the boxes with you to sell directly makes it a lot easier! For the Spring Sales, we're doing it the old fashioned way with pre-orders...did I mention all the girls in my troop are "burnt out" from the fall cookie sales...hopefully we'll gain some enthusiasm when we park ourselves in front of the local grocery store and say "Would you like to buy girl scout cookies?"