Wednesday, February 14, 2007

You Won't Catch Me Sleeping

My sister was over this afternoon. Said sister is quite knowledgeable when it comes to computers and all things technical. (she is the one who convinced me to start blogging).

Sister say's to me..."Do you want to change the look of your blog?"

My extraordinary response "I don't know."

Sister: "Well since I'm here, let me just show you how to make changes."

Me: "Um, o.k."

Sister says..."Would you like to put a picture on your blog?"

Me: "Um, o.k."

Sister: "We need to get a picture of you sleeping."

Me: "Um, no way." (notice I actually worked up the energy to have an opinion at that point!)

Sister: "Fine, well maybe we can create an avatar for you to use."

Me: "Um, o.k."...couldn't find one...decided to use a picture I took from one of my vacations...

Next thing I know my blog page was: pink, green, purple, blue, yellow,brown and every combination you can imagine... Until Twelve looked at it... and gave her opinion...she liked purple the best....decided today wasn't a purple day for me, besides the purple didn't go well with the picture (how shallow is that!). My sister says she wants to show me how to change the "layout". I think I'll ask Twelve her opinion before I get started...just in case...

10 comments:

Joan said...

If I'm so knowledgeable about computer "things," then why do I feel like a helpless boob when it comes to my new laptop?!!?!!

Patti said...

Lynn,
The blue is pretty too! Last night I liked the yellow scheme.

I'm no help, am I?

Lynn said...

Joan - Because you don't believe in your own capabilities!

Patti - I really liked the yellow theme too, but the blue went better with my picture...how shallow is that!

Anonymous said...

it's so nice that my "much younger" cousins have time to play blog while I still have to work all day. Well in two years I hope I will have time to play too.

Patti said...

Be still my heart - I'm adopted!

Patti said...

Only oldest : I guessed you were a cousin of these two. But I wasn't 100 percent sure.

Don't you want to join us blogamaniacs and get in on the fun?

sari said...

I like the blue but I'm with you - I change my mind a lot.

When I switched from old blogger to new blogger I had to redo all my links and all that stuff, it wiped out any urge to tinker with my layout for a while!

But keep playing with it, you'll find just the right thing.

Oh! I also like your photo!!

Lynn said...

Only Oldest - Hey...I work all day too...o.k. maybe not all day but 4 hours and 48 minutes a day. I just tweak my priorities and make the time.

Patti - You guessed correctly, she is a cousin.

Sari - Thanks,I like the picture too!

Renee Nefe said...

Thanks for the cheering up about making the switch. I was really hoping that I would win.

The new blog looks good on you! And sometimes the kiddos do know what's best. LOL

Mine wants her own blog. I'm not ready for that yet. I don't know who's blogs she wants to read...probably mostly cat blogs, which she can read on my account. I allow her to guest blog too.

How's the cookies going?

Musings of a Housewife said...

I like the blue with the picture. Makes perfect sense!