Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Not A Happy Camper!

I work for a large urban school district. The powers that be decided to switch to a new payroll system. The powers that be decided not to test-run the new program. Didn't get paid yesterday :~( Got paid today...should put a happy face there, but...didn't get paid for all the days that I worked. Can't decipher said paycheck...Think people in charge of payroll have spent too much time with "Blogger Word Verification" and now speak only alien...I am not a happy camper!

4 comments:

jaded said...

That really bites. There is a common misnomer among bureaucrats that modern technology is the answer to all their prayers, unfortunately this "technology" is often implemented by peons who "don't know,don't care" or "don't have the authority" to make a difference. Good luck getting things straight.

Joan said...

Obviously your school district administrators do not subscribe to that very wise management philosophy..."why fix it when it ain't broke?" New is not always better...trust me.

sari said...

That sort of thing really burns me up as well. I hope they fix this right away!

Lynn said...

Patches - You "hit the nail on the head"... I think this world is filled with many "don't know, don't care, or it isn't my job" kind of people...and evidently, the people in the payroll department are the founding members of this group.

Joan- Using the words "school district administrators" and "wise" in the same sentence is just asking for trouble.

Sari- Thanks for being supportive.