Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Favor

My hubby and I just got home from going out to dinner with two other couples this evening, and NO children. (we don't do this very often, usually preferring to spend the time with our kids). It felt so nice to be able to use my brain and have a somewhat intelligent conversation, without being interrupted by children wanting me to attend to various needs or wants... except for the phone call at 9:30 from Ten wondering when we would be home.
To be perfectly honest, I really didn't want to go out tonight. I was feeling exhausted, and didn't want to have to converse with anyone...I just wanted to stay at home and read my book, instead we went out and had a good time. In retrospect, I'm glad that hubby made these plans...but shhhhh, don't tell him...I want him to keep thinking that I did him a favor.

7 comments:

Joan said...

Wow...a no-children dinner last night and a no-children day tomorrow...good for you! As for your hubby, I won't reveal your secret but it's gonna cost you! ;~)

sari said...

I always like to stay home too, unless we're going to see friends who have kids as well.

I guess I'm a homebody!

Glad you had a good time though, sometimes we do in spite of ourselves.

:-)

Patti said...

I can relate, Lynn. I usually feel too tired to go out, but we went out last night as well and had a good time.
;-)

Patti said...

P.S. And I may even blog about it.

Patti said...

Note to Joan - For some reason the computer is not letting me get to your comment section. Re: Sunday's entry, I just wanted to tell you I was glad to hear you are feeling better.

It's good to get that stuff out of our systems. ;~)

jaded said...

I understand completely, I'd much rather the folks stay home and spend time with me....Missus Chica goes through that, she usually has a good time when she goes out, but she dreads it beforehand.

Lynn said...

Joan - I can't wait till tomorrow. What's my secret gonna cost me???

Sari - You are so right...I did have a good time in spite of myself.

Patti - Hope you do blog about it, I would love to hear how it went. Message delivered to Joan.

Patches - What amazes me is that my dog, Amber, loves to go out...no dread in her mind. Wish I could be more like her.