Sunday, March 4, 2007

She Had Me Fooled

"Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies... well, thanks anyway." Four hours of hearing this over and over and over again... think I need some Advil.

Just got home from a boothing session (this is where the troop sits outside of a grocery store for a set period of time with boxes of Girl Scout cookies and accosts...I mean asks politely... if people would like to buy some cookies). The troop sold about 165 boxes of cookies and collected donations for 45 boxes of cookies to be sent through our Girl Scout council directly to our servicemen and servicewomen overseas. From where I was sitting, Twelve seemed to be having a good time...turns out she didn't. Twelve told me that she "didn't like being around the other girls in the troop" and she can't wait to be done with the troop. Clearly Twelve is a great actress...she certainly had me fooled.

9 comments:

Joan said...

I guess those acting classes are really paying off for Twelve.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like her time with the troop is almost over. Is she almost done and if so is it because of age? I know nothing about girl scout troups.

Patti said...

Your daughter is acting like a 12-year old girl. Sounds normal to me.
This will pass.

meno said...

Once a 12 year old has taken a stance, there is not much that will persuade her to admit that she was wrong.

A career in acting awaits her, and all other 12 year olds. Oh the drama!

jaded said...

She's either a really good actress, or she she's extremely determined to admit that she didn't enjoy herself even a little bit.

Pam said...

Just wait - I bet in a few (or several) years she will blow your mind when she begins reminiscing FONDLY about her Girl Scout years... She is SO 12.
:-)

Lynn said...

Joan - Yes...clearly it is money well spent. I'll have to remember to buy her teacher some flowers!

Only Oldest - Twelve wants to continue in Girl Scouts in order to earn her Gold Award. She just doesn't want to continue on as part of a troop.

Patti - Glad to hear that she is acting like a normal 12 year old.

Meno - You are so right, and I know that you speak from experience!

Patches - I think that she is extremely determined not to admit that she enjoyed herself, in order to torture and torment me...but then again, she could be a really good actress.

Pam - Does that mean that I, too, will look back fondly on my experiences as a Girl Scout leader?

Renee Nefe said...

Oh I HATE booth sales so much! But my troop wants to do them next year. We're gonna have to figure out something logistically speaking cuz I can't be driving all across the metro area for this.

Sorry that 12 is determined to make you miserable. I hear that's their #1 goal in life at that age.

good luck

Lynn said...

Renee - The only good thing about booth sales is that you don't have to chase after people to collect money from them and you can sell alot of cookies in a short period of time.