Friday, June 1, 2007

Patience Is a Virtue

Thank you everyone for sending such supportive thoughts my way...I will tell you that they really helped me stay calm during the meeting. Bosses Boss Lady "listened" to what I had to say. I calmly (I think) listed the size of my caseload, and presented a case for keeping school #2 and getting rid of school #4, I also explained that school #4 has informed me that I do not have a room to work in for the rest of this school year, and that they have no idea if they will have a room for me to work in next year, and finally, I whipped out (o.k. took out) a letter that the Principal of school #2 wrote about me, stating how outstanding I am, and why the school wants me back.

Bosses Boss Lady said that she understood what I was saying, that she would see what she could do, and that she would get back to me next week. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah ,blah. (that's administrative speak for...yeah right, you think that I will do anything for you?, just please leave me alone, go on...leave...now). Then...she gave me a great big hug. (was that a "I'm sorry but I am going to screw you and not change your assignment" hug?...or was that a "I'm sorry but I can't tell you that you're going to get school #2 back right now, but don't worry, you will" hug?). It was hard to tell.

So I still know nothing about my assignment for next year. I'm anticipating that she will take school #3 away from me, leave me with school #4, and try to offer me a school other than #2, at which point, I will definitely put a call into my union. Now, all that's left for me to do is to just wait to hear from her, and be patient (me patient...yeah right!)

11 comments:

armalicious said...

Well, I'm glad you survived! Weird that she hugged you, but that's just me. I like hugs, but not from a bosses boss unless I knew them.

did they ever explain why they took #2 away in the first place?

Joan said...

Good for you for staying cool and calm...at least on the outside. Since there's nothing you can do until you hear from her next week, try and put it out of your mind and enjoy your weekend...you certainly deserve it!

Michele said...

Yep, that's all you can do now. Easier said than done, but you have to put that issue on the back burner for now but try and concentrate on relaxing otherwise you will be a bucket of poop by the time next week arrives!
Have a good weekend Lynn!!

the moose buyer said...

hope she sees the value you offer and does something completely unreasonable for a Government employee (no offense to either you or Joan) like giving you the school you requested and which obvously would love to have you.

Don't give up cousin because something good might just come out of this.

egan said...

I'm glad you spoke your mind about this though. At least they know where you stand now and this is all you can ask. Now let's hope they take your advice.

Lynn said...

Arm - My bosses boss used to me my boss, and she really likes me, because she knows that I do a great job. The explaination for taking away school #2 was basically...oops we made a mistake.

Joan - I am so busy this weekend, that fortunately, I won't have any time to fret/worry.

Michele - Thanks. I know that there is nothing that I can do about this issue...and if truth be told, if I had to keep the yucky assignment that they gave me, it really wouldn't be the end of the world...so I think that relaxing will be possible this weekend. I keep picturing the retreat (was it only a week ago?)

The Moose Buyer - I hope that she is reasonable, and gives me what I want.

Egan - If there is one logical shread within her administrative brain, then she will give me what I ask for...BTW... Where would her hugging me fall on your sexual harassment quiz???

Renee Nefe said...

That is totally hard to read. I hope she does what's best.

Do we even wanna know how busy you'll be?

Our Girl Scout meeting got canceled today...one family sick, another just got back from a trip, third had swim practice and the other two just didn't connect in time to do anything. *sigh* I think we're done for the year.

Patti said...

I'd guess the hug is a good sign ~ since she knows you do a great job it seems like she wants to help.

Lynn said...

Renee - I hope she does what is best for me, because that will ultimately be best for the students that I work with. We have one more Girl Scout Picnic, and then done!

Patti - I so hope that you are right!

jaded said...

I hope things work out in your and your students best interest........remember Judas supposedly betrayed Jesus with a kiss.

Lynn said...

Patches - I do remember, and that is why I question the hug. Usually bosses prefer to deliver the bad news via email or phone...not in person...so I am figuring that I will be contacting my union about this matter.