Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Miss Her Already

My sister, Joan, hasn't even been gone for 24 hours, yet I miss her already. She called me at 6:45 this morning to tell me that they were at their friends house and getting ready to leave for the airport. She didn't have a lot of time to talk, so our conversation was short.

When I left work this afternoon, I wanted to call her, because that is one of the times that I often speak with her...while I am driving home from work...only I couldn't call her...she was already on the airplane.

When I was walking around the big box store this afternoon and I found some p.j.'s that we both were looking for, I wanted to call my sister and tell her about the p.j.'s and some shirts that I found, to see if she was interested in having me pick something up for her...but I couldn't.

While I was sitting in my car today, waiting to pick Ten up from school, I wanted to call Joan to see how her day was going, and to tell her about mine...but I couldn't.

I know that this is just temporary, and that in ten days, she will return...but until she gets back, how am I ever going to survive not talking with her?

11 comments:

Patti said...

Lynn, you are so lucky to have a sister. I'm an only child and I envy that relationship.

The 10 days will go quickly. I know you are busy with end of the school year activities!

Maybe they will find an Internet cafe and she can update all of us.

armalicious said...

I don't have a sister, but this is how I feel with my BFF of 15 years. It sucks, don't it? At least she'll be back! I'm sure you'll talk to her sometime, though. You'll find a way!

ms chica said...

You'll survive because it's in your nature, but you won't like it one bit. I don't talk to my sis everyday, but when we were both younger, we talked several times a week.

I went away for six weeks to study abroad, and we were limited to mail...That was an adjustment.

Renee Nefe said...

awww that's so sweet. I don't have that kind of relationship with anyone either.

Just know that Joan is suffering the same withdrawl and she is suffering blogging withdrawl too.

All too soon you'll be back together and she'll have you presents from Ireland. YAY!

Marshamlow said...

I don't have a sister, or a girl friend that I am that close to. I am envious. I do have that kind of relationship with my husband, is that weird, probably not the same thing. We call each other or email about all the details of our day, and with questions and commentary all the time. I know what it is like to miss that when he is out of town and I cannot call him. It just throws everything out of whack and I feel off all day.

the moose buyer said...

I know how much you will miss Joan. Your closeness really warms my "old" heart because I love you both so much.

Both of us will be back before you know it.

Ralph said...

Lynn, you'll be okay...She will be in touch with you more often than you think...

Lynn said...

Patti - I really am lucky to have a sister...I hope she 'checks in' soon.

Arm - Yep...it sucks.

Ms. Chica - Missing someone is one of the definite disadvantages of being close to them. Makes me understand why some people refuse to get to close to others...cause it's hard when they gone. Thanks goodness Joan's absence is only of the temporary nature.

Renee - I expect that Joan is way too busy having a great time to be even thinking about me, or even blogging for that matter.

Marsha - That's great that you and your hubby communicate so much. Isn't that how it's supposed to be...in an ideal world?

The Moose Buyer - It warms my heart too.

Ralph - I know that I'll be okay...I just miss her. I'm thinking that you guys are feeling the same way about Sir Humphrey.

egan said...

Aw, this is so cute. It's great to see how well you two get along. Sibling relationships are special and stand the test of time. She'll be back soon enough

meno said...

It won't be quite the same, but you can tell us.

*sniff* i wish i had a sister.

Lynn said...

Egan - We haven't always gotten along so well...just ask our mother.

Meno - Thanks for the offer...Joan and I have adopted Patti as a sister, and (I'm sure that I can speak for Joan when I say...) you can be our sister too;~)