Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mystery Solved

Took Ten and Twelve, once again, to see the Nancy Drew mystery. We used our 'readmittance' tickets to get in. They were both very happy to be getting ICEE's and popcorn again. Two times in one week...egads...I certainly wouldn't win any "Nutrition Conscious Mommy" Awards. (sigh)

Told the manager at the concession stand that we were back for a repeat performance, and I felt very 'ripped off' that I had to buy the ICEE's and popcorn again. They gave me free popcorn...still had to purchase the ICEE's. I felt somewhat satisfied, even though I know that neither cost the theater anywhere near what they charge.

Turned out, we had only missed the last 15 minutes of the movie due to the alarm on Monday. Yep, that's right, we sat through 1 hour and 15 minutes of a movie, for the second time in 3 days in order to see the last 15 minutes. Thank goodness it was a cute movie. At least now we know "Who Done It".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least it was an enjoyable movie and I am very happy the popcorn was free. Lord knows Iowa grows enough of it to give it away or at least charge very little for it so you are probably right the theatre is charging way to much for it.

Marshamlow said...

My daughter wants to see this movie and I was a little hesitant, I grew up reading the Nancy Drew books and the previews made it seem like they were turning my childhood hero into a ditzy clumsey girl. I always say, looks like a man wrote that, my whole family makes fun of me for it. Anways, if you were willing to go back I am hoping this means that it isn't horrid, right?

Lynn said...

Only Oldest - Since you saw the corn fields in Iowa, you would know how abundant corn is.

Marsha - I actually enjoyed the movie. If the trailers made you think that Nancy Drew was a ditzy clumsy girl, then they were bad trailers. She actually comes across very smart and resourceful...like in the books.

meno said...

How you got them to give you free popcorn is the real mystery! :)

Patti said...

you certainly have some charms, Lynn, to get the free popcorn.
;-)
I loved reading Nancy Drew mysteries when I was growing up, and would fear the character would not be who I imagined.

Michele said...

Wow at least you got the popcorn free. That's like an arm and a leg here in Canada. That's quite a feat. Glad the show wasn't boring otherwise sitting thru an entire movie to watch a 15 minute ending I didn't see would've not been so good.

Lynn said...

Meno - I'll let you in on my little secret as to how I got free popcorn...are you ready...I just asked;~)

Patti - I don't know about charms...but I definitely have a big mouth...when needed.

Michele - If the movie had been boring the first time...I would have sent dh to see it with the kids the second time.

jaded said...

I seem to have a short attention span where movies are concerned. The ones I really want to say require four hours in the car, round trip, and the ones that play locally just don't do it for me. I can't stand to sit through a dull flick.

Lynn said...

Patches - Believe me when I tell you that I have slept through many movies...somehow...Nancy Drew wasn't one of them.