Wednesday, October 24, 2007

M-I-C-K-E-Y Why? Because we like you...

Thursday after school, I'm going where all the winning teams go (ok maybe not ALL of them, but for sure some of them go there) ...I'm taking my kids and we're going to Disneyland!

Elle decided that for her thirteenth birthday she wanted to take a friend to Disneyland and sleep at one of the hotels. Friday is a teacher staff development day so the kids won't be missing school.

We will be leaving Thursday afterschool and return to reality sometime on Saturday. Joan and Rick will meet us early Friday morning... that is, if Joan will still join us after she witnessed one of Ten's major meltdown this afternoon.

Poor Ten, I didn't send lunch with him today because the cafeteria menu said that they were supposed to serve grilled cheese. Instead, they served chicken (we are vegetarians). Needless to say,Ten was "starving" by the time I picked him up, and he had a major cranky-whiny-crabby meltdown. Joan went home with a headache. Hopefully she'll recover in time to join us Friday at the "Happiest place on earth".

Is it Thursday yet?????

10 comments:

ms chica said...

Did they think kids wouldn't notice chicken was the new cheese? Maybe Ten could keep an emergency stash of granola bars in his locker in case the typo wizard strikes again.

Have a good time and a safe trip!

Renee Nefe said...

oooh OUCH! Did he say something to the lunch room folks? I'm sure that Ten couldn't have been the only vegeterian there. Grilled cheese isn't that hard to make, I would have made him one had I been there. Poor kiddo.

have a great time at Disney. We haven't been in 4 years and DD is bugging that she wants to go to another amusement park for our next vacation...course the one she wants is on the other coast. *eyeroll* We had a very good time going in October. I hope they get the wild fires under control soon. We had soot floating in the air on our last day and our flight home was delayed because of the fires.

Marshamlow said...

You are going to have so much fun. Yeah.

Patti said...

I'm sure Sis will go with you...I would if I were there.
;-)

Poor Ten. Don't they serve fruit/bread/dessert with the school lunch?

Joan said...

Don't worry...my headache is gone and I'm ready to go. Oh...and, just to make you work a little, I've left you a tiny meme on my blog. Think hard!!!

egan said...

Are the fires bad in your area Lynn? Have fun celebrating her 13th.

Lynn said...

Ms. Chica - Who knows what the cafeteria people were thinking. It seems to me if the lunch is vegetarian then the substitution should be vegetarian as well. Good idea on the snacks, although anything I put in his backpack will be reduced to crumbs in it's packaging.

Renee - They wouldn't even give him a pb&j sandwich.

Marsha - It will definitely be fun!

Patti - It would be fun if you were here.

Joan - Glad to hear that you will be joining us tomorrow. I'll check out the meme when I can.

Egan - Fortunately this time the fires aren't that close to us, it's the air quality that's really bad. A couple of years ago, the fire came within a block of my house. We walked up our street and the flames were right there. We could see a wall of flames on the mountains that surround us. Thanks to the hard work of the firefighters, we didn't lose any homes in our neighborhood. We will definitely have fun celebrating Elle's 13th.

egan said...

That's good to hear on the fire front. What a nightmare that would be. We don't have much to worry about here in Seattle, but the other side of the state does.

Have a great time celebrating. There's never a bad time to relax at Disneyland.

the moose buyer said...

I agree that 10 should carry snacks in his back pack but I am also sure you never expected that to happen to him.

Hope you guys have a great Disney adventure!! Can't wait to hear Joan's version of the day.

Michele said...

Wow, Disneyland is just a dream to me. Is it far from where you are because for me it's like, ummm... a million miles... it would take until Saturday just to get there from here. Yeh, exaggerating a little but it is a trip.

I hope you have a wonderful time... Give Mickey a hug for me!