Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and the Snuggly

Ten had a fabulous first day of Fifth Grade. Twelve was not so enthusiastic (to put it very mildly) when recounting her first day of Eighth Grade. One school day down...179 more school days for them to go.

Having survived six (6) hours of sheer boredom, I can safely say that I am not looking forward to two more days of it. One day down...2 more to go.

On a positive note... I got to chat and have lunch with collegues/friends from college that (with whom?) I only see at these boring, mind numbing, meetings. I guess I just have to take the bad with the good.

I've packed everyone's lunches for tomorrow. Made sure that Twelve put her P.E. clothes into her backpack. Filled out tons of forms for Ten's school (what's with that?) and had him put them in his backpack. Now I get to crawl into bed and snuggle down, so that I can wake up at 5:30 am in order to pick up my friend and have the pleasure of driving 1 1/2 hours in morning traffic, so that I can attend another six hour meeting. I sure hope that this one will be more interesting.

6 comments:

Joan said...

A working mom's life is certainly never dull. Glad to hear the kids survived their first day of school! And hopefully you'll come back from your meeting today with at least part of your brain still intact.

Marshamlow said...

I hate meetings. I hope that the meeting part of going back to work is almost done.

ms chica said...

Might I suggest smuggling in a sudoku or crossword puzzle into your morning meeting, you know just in case....

Ralph said...

And I was complaining about the 40 minute drive to my last job! Did they at least provide you with fresh danish (not the cafeteria's day old pastry) and hot coffee for the meeting?

armalicious said...

AT least you get to see people you like in your meetings!! Like you said, there is some good.

Lynn said...

Joan - I still have a few surviving brain cells. Hope they don't die of boredom tomorrow.

Marsha - I have one more meeting on Friday, then a 1/2 day meeting on Tuesday, and then I am done;~)

Ms. Chica - Tried that. Unfortunately the supervisors walk around and look for people reading the newspaper and doing mind enhancing games. Can you believe that they actually want everyone to pay attention to the mind numbing prattle?

Ralph - They actually did provide nourishment. Unfortunately, my little purple pills aren't working 100 percent, so I couldn't eat any of the food or drink the Starbucks coffee which they provided.

Are - Yes there is some good. Today my friends and I went shopping during lunch. That was fun, too.