Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Things Are Looking Up

I read a post this evening, by Arm, and it was so funny, that it pulled me out of my funk! What a difference a day makes...24 little hours...(we're in trouble now...I'm singing a commerical). Anyway, this afternoon DH called me to tell me that he got an email from his boss stating that DH will be getting off at 1pm on Friday. I was so relieved, because this meant that DH would be available to take Ten to his playoff game on Friday night, and that I would be able to get to the retreat on time... one problem solved...

Then I checked the playoff schedule...the playoff game isn't THIS Friday night...it's NEXT Friday night. All of that worrying and stressing for nothing. OOOPS!

I listened to Patches, and bought a sketchbook to take with me on the retreat. I'm wondering what kind of pencil I should buy to use in my sketchbook. Would a regular #2 lead pencil work? Regular colored pencils? Is there some special pencil that I could buy that would come with talent included? You know...talent that would allow me to draw something that doesn't look like an untalented 5 year old drew it. That's the kind of talent I'm talking about.

SIGH...so, two of the things that I was stressing over...getting Ten to his game, and what could I do at the retreat to fill the time...have both been resolved...thank goodness!...Yep, things are definitely looking up.

10 comments:

armalicious said...

I'm glad that I could make you laugh!

And you did the same with this statement:
"Is there some special pencil that I could buy that would come with talent included?" I've been looking for this pencil for years. I haven't found it yet. If you find it, let me know. Doodles are always fun, though. I can do those well.

Patti said...

Doodling is great fun.
You could always get a simple charcoal pencil. And of course markers to doodle with.

jaded said...

C'mon Lynn this isn't about results, it's about finding a release. Anything that makes a mark will work. My latest obsession is gel pens. A 2b or 3b pencil has a softer lead and you achieve really nice tonal graduations.

Joan said...

So...you're really going on this retreat...good for you. Now my only question is "how am I going to survive the whole weekend without my cell phone ringing with a call from you?"

Renee Nefe said...

Glad things are working out for you. I hope you have a great weekend.

Renee Nefe said...

From Darly: Glad ya liked my favorites.

meno said...

I draw like a 5 year old. They sometimes draw really great things because of no inhibitions.

Michele said...

Mechanical pencils are fun... they are always sharp... I do a lot of my sketching and doodling and drawing with them... especially good by cold mountain lakes... sigh, that's just about getting old, hey? :)

Ralph said...

As for mechanical pencils, I'll take Pentel with a 0.7 mm lead and plenty of their soft erasers...

Lynn said...

Arm - I have the feeling that I will be a 'doodle queen' this weekend, since I can't draw worth a damn.

Patti - Wouldn't a charcoal pencil be too messy? Markers...those sound like fun.

Patches - You are right, it is about finding a release... it's just that I get so frustrated when I have a vision in my mind that I cannot transfer to paper. I know just how I want things to look...and sadly they fall way short. However, I won't let my lack of talent stop me. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Joan - I'll call you Friday on my drive there, and then Sunday when I get out...if I'm feeling really naughty, I might just sneak a call to you:~)

Renee - I'm starting to get a little bit excited about having time, just for me. Tell Darly, "You're welcome."

Meno - I agree...unfortunately, I'm an adult, with baggage, who draws stuff that doesn't look anything like my visions.

Michele - I have lots of mechanical pencils...what a great idea...I was trying to think whether or not I had a small pencil sharpener...with a mechanical pencil, I won't have to worry about it.

Ralph - I think the pencils that I have are 0.7mm lead...I'll check. Thanks