Friday, May 25, 2007

My Bag Is Packed, I'm Ready To Go...

(sung to the tune of Leaving On A Jet Plane)
My apologies to John Denver and to my blog friends…I never claimed to be a lyricist.

My bag is packed.
I’m ready to go.
I sitting here with my computer.
I hate to turn it off and say goodbye.

But the clock is ticking,
I’m feeling forlorn.
Won’t even be able to blog come dawn.
Kiss the hubby, kids and say goodbye.

Chorus:
Cause I’m leaving for the retreat
I hope that my time there is sweet.
Oh I’m so scared to go.

There are so many things for me to learn.
So many things, now it’s my turn.
to try to put them all into practice.
When I come back I’ll post about it.
I just hope my kid handle that,
I’m away for two days and two nights.

Chorus:
Cause I’m leaving for the retreat
I hope that my time there is sweet.
Oh I’m so scared to go.


Now the time has come for me to leave you,
One more time I’ll bid you adieu.
In 48 hours I’ll be back to stay.
I’ll read up on, all your news
Maybe my sister, will have bought more shoes.
And I’ll catch up on the things you have to say.

Chorus:
Cause I’m leaving for the retreat
I hope that my time there is sweet.
Oh I’m so scared to go.

Have a great weekend;~)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will have a wonderful time and more important the rest you really deserve.

Have a great weekend. Can't wait to hear about it.

Patti said...

Have a great time, Lynn.
We'll be awaiting your safe return.
Get recharged!!

jaded said...

You should really consider putting your talents to use for Mona's Poetry Friday. Have a good trip, don't worry about us while you're gone. we'll manage somehow.

Renee Nefe said...

I hope you have a wonderful & restful weekend. I'm sure you'll have lots to blog about when you get back after thinking all those wonderful thoughts.

If nothing else you can whine about the state your house is in when you return. ;)

Michele said...

Have a fantastic time Lynn!! Be all rested up and everything and you know the rest of the story... just be good... if you want to...

meno said...

I look forward to hearing about the silent retreat! Go forth and have fun.

armalicious said...

Have a wonderful time, Lynn!

And I think you've done a wonderful job with the lyrics! I love it when people can do that stuff!