Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Some Vacation This Is

I'm on vacation...and I'm exhausted. Cooked all weekend, that is when I wasn't attending Ten's baseball games (Friday night and Sunday afternoon). Had 11 people over to my house last night for dinner, and earlier in the day I had taken Ten to get braces. Then I spent all day today on a field trip with Ten's class.

Somehow despite all of this activity, I have managed to throw out two garbage bags full of "junk" from the top of my desk. Wish I could say I've made a dent in the clutter. The desk looks a little bit better, but I still can't see the desk top. To top it all off, I've neglected to visit "blogland" and it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I need a vacation from my vacation to get things done...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the part of dinner I had was wonderful. Maybe some day in the future I can make it through the entree. I think I forever give up on dessert but it looked great.

Good luck on your desk!!!

Joan said...

Did I mention that dinner was great last night? Well it was! I'm glad to read that your desk project has begun. If you need help, just holler..we've done it before and we can do it again!

Patti said...

So what was for dinner? Inquiring minds want to know.

Try to enjoy some of your time off.
;-) It will be Monday before you know it.

jaded said...

Sounds as if the consensus on dinner was great, and that makes it rewarding. Remember all good vacations, require a vacation from your vacation. Way to go with the desk, the Missus is off to the One Eyes to pick up where she last left off. She feels you.

Lynn said...

Only Oldest - Thanks.

Joan - Glad you enjoyed dinner. I may take you up on your offer.

Patti - We had vegetarian chopped liver, vegetable soup with matzoh balls, turkish baked eggplant, broccoli souffle, homemade strawberry cheesecake...and various other things. (Can you guess that we're vegetarians?) Patti... do you realize that there is no place to comment on your blogs anymore???????

Patches - What I've done on the desk so far feels good...too bad there is still so much more to do. For me, the problem is that I want to take something from the desk top and put in a drawer and that drawer is already full, so then I have to clean out the drawer before I can do the desk. It's a viscious cycle. Good luck on the "One Eyes" project.

Renee Nefe said...

I've been in that vicious cycle with the cleaning thing before. But I've learned that if I can just get rid of the stuff I don't need that I feel 100% better about my office. Yesterday I was on the phone with a friend and started looking around at it thinking...ya know those Girl Scout books should all be on the shelf instead of in piles everywhere. So I moved them to the shelf. Then I said... and you know how that goes.

But this is your vacation. You're not supposed to be doing anything. so sit back and blog, take it easy.

Patti said...

Lynn, I think my comment thing just came back tonight - so feel free!