Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Sister Steps Up To The Plate

Twelve and Ten have saved their money and want to buy a Nintendo Wii. We have tried store, after store, after store, trying to find one that has them in stock. We keep getting the same story which is "Nintendo didn't realize what the demand for the Wii would be and they're having a hard time keeping up with the demand. Sorry, we don't have any, and we don't know when we will get any in."

Have heard rumors that two different stores are carrying ads for the Wii tomorrow, and that they will have them in the stores tomorrow. Hubby, Twelve and Ten and I have a committment tomorrow morning, so that we won't be able to get to either store in the morning to see if any Wii's are available. From what everyone tells us, if we don't get there early, they will be sold out.

Thank goodness for my sister...she has offered to stop by both stores in the morning to see if she can purchase a Wii for Ten and Twelve. The kids and I are keeping our fingers crossed...

9 comments:

egan said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well. I really want a Wii too as I've heard great things about it. I worked at Nintendo for a year and love their stuff. A blogger buddy of mine bought one a couple weeks ago and loves it.

Renee Nefe said...

And here I was thinking that you were "tag-teaming" to get the Wii...you at one store, sis at the other...call on the cell phone to confirm purchase so that two aren't bought. I guess that's a Christmas time strategy.

And I do not for one minute buy the line of bull that Nintendo didn't realize they would need so many. I think the shortage is totally artifical on purpose to keep the price up.

But Yay sis for trudging out to get you a Wii. She's a great sis.

Marshamlow said...

Oh good luck I hope you get it.

Joan said...

OK...I'm sure you're all wondering why I'm here commenting instead of already waiting on line in front of the store with all the other fools. The simple truth is that I'm sitting here drinking my coffee which I cannot live without. If I'm not lucky enough to snag a Wii...blame it on the caffeine!

meno said...

Good luck with Operation Wii. You have sent in the ground troop, so you have a good chance of success.

Patti said...

What a great sister you have.
Joan, I was wondering what you were doing there when I saw your name! Hope the day was a success.

Lynn said...

Egan - Thanks for keeping you fingers crossed...it must have helped, because my kids are now the proud owners of a Wii.

Renee - Normally we would have tagged-teamed it, but my family had a previous committment, fortunately my sister came through!

Marsha - Thanks, we did:~)

Joan - A million billion thanks!!!

Meno - The thing about my sister and I, is that once we set our mind to something...watch out!

Patti - She is the best!

armalicious said...

Wii's rule! My friend & her boyfriend have one and my brother got one for his family for Christmas (although, they weren't able to actually get the unit until February). It's so awesome! I read this post first before your update, so I'm going to read that next.

but seriously...you will have fun with it as well. I was totally schooling my family last sunday with the bowling.

Lynn said...

Arm - You're right, it really is awesome! I bowled a 134 last night and Ten bowled a 230 this morning...let the competition begin. Now I know why so many people want it. I hope it doesn't distract me, too much, from blogging ;~)