Monday, April 9, 2007

It Was Sister To The Rescue!

Today was my first day back at work (boo hiss) since my week long vacation (vacation=yeah!). It was quite hellicious (I don't know if I spelled this correctly or not). Yesterday I spent much of the morning writing reports for two meetings that I had knew were scheduled for this morning. I figured that the first meeting, this morning, would start at 8:30 and the second one at 9:30, and I would have no problem leaving at 10:30 to pick up Ten to take him for a recheck with the orthopedist. (he broke his wrist 1 1/2 years ago at a Basketball clinic).

WRONG!!!!!!! First meeting was scheduled for 8:30am. Second meeting wasn't even scheduled to start until 10:45. Oh what is a part-time working mother to do??????? Call her sister, of course! I called dear old sis (although I am sure that she would not appreciate that I used the word "old" in a description of her). Thank goodness that she is retired and was available to take Ten to the appointment! Which she did.

I really, really, really appreciate that she saved my sanity and helped keep my stress level from skyrocketing through the roof! If she was not available, I would have had to tell the school to cancel the meeting, and eight other people would have been very inconvienced. Mind you, if dear old sis (there I go using that word again) hadn't come to the rescue, that's just what I would have done...after all my kids are more important to me than the eight people that I would have royally pissed off. Thankfully, I didn't have to go down that road.

I took Sis out to lunch to thank her...do you think that's enough?

13 comments:

Joan said...

No...it's not enough. What would really make it enough is if you would stop calling me OLD! I am not old...I'm simply less young than you!

meno said...

Your old sister is a peach. I think you owe her a spa day.

Renee Nefe said...

well I guess that your Dear Sweet Sister saved your bacon and deserves a great big hug.

Even if she won't bake my pretzels. ;o)

egan said...

I think she's lucky she got lunch.

Okay, I kid because she apparently reads your blog. Lunch was enough if you ask me. Just be ready to return the favor whenever she needs you... which I'm sure you're good for.

Patti said...

Ah, sisterly love.
Lunch probably was enough.
But I also agree with Egan. Be ready to return that upcoming favor she has in mind...

Lynn said...

Joan - Consider that I will try the best I can not to use the words "old" and "sister" in the same sentence...uh oh, I just did.

Meno - I would happily give my sister a spa day...but she made it easier on me, I just can't use "old and sister" in the same sentence...darn, I just did it again.

Renee - Hugs I can do.

Egan - Her asking for a favor in return...well it must be my lucky day... she asked that I not use the words "old" and "sister" in the same sentence...oh no...I've now done it three times in one comment section...maybe she won't notice.

Patti - I now consider the favor to my sister... "returned"...that is if sis doesn't read my comments to anyone else.

sari said...

It's nice she's close and can help out! Three of my sisters live in a different state, makes it tough.

jaded said...

I think you should take her to the Mexican restaurant where you picked up take-out last week and share a pitcher of margaritas : )

Lynn said...

Sari - Right you are...I am very greatful that sis is not only close, but was willing to help out. The two don't always go hand in hand. (Oh that gives me an idea for a post...thanks)

Patches - What a great idea...although, I prefer Kahlua and milk )that should be to your liking too...at least the milk part)...will speak to dear old sis about it. (darn...I said sis and old in the same sentence again).

egan said...

I don't think she noticed Lynn. Did you get her the pitcher of margaritas?

Lynn said...

Egan - Unfortunately, she did notice...darn I thought for sure that she wouldn't read my comments to other people...isn't that like reading their mail??????? I didn't buy the pitcher of margaritas...although I did offer...does that count?

Pam said...

Lunch is definitely not enough. Better give her your firstborn!
;-)

Lynn said...

Pam - Can I give her my second born too?