Monday, January 7, 2008

Slow Start

Do you ever wish that you could 'ease your way' into something, only to have to just jump right in? That is how I feel after today.

Returned to work. Told Elle and Sport to look at their return to school, as being one day closer to summer vacation. My mother would say that I shouldn't wish my life away. I know that she is right. I can't help it.

I love what I do. I just don't love all of the pressure and stress that comes with my job. Never from the kids (I love working with them)...just the faculty/staff and sometimes the parents.

Have a new student teacher. She started today and will be with me 3 days/week. Although once again it will be a lot of work for me (at least in the beginning), I enjoy the company...and I enjoy mentoring someone, and helping them learn how to survive in the schools.

Have an all day meeting tomorrow, which will help fulfill the continuing education requirements for my state license. I hope it's something interesting. Unfortunately, attending this meeting means that on Wednesday, I will have to see twice as many students. Sigh...they'll be no easing into work for me.

10 comments:

Joan said...

Whew...I'm exhausted and it's only your first day back to school. Hmmm...we both have all day meetings tomorrow...for me, that's rare; for you, sadly not. Just remember to keep chanting..."Spring break is only a few months away..."

Renee Nefe said...

I hope that your meeting is very interesting so that it makes it worth the following day.

we got our books today...DD is so not happy. LOL!

Melinda said...

Hi Lynn,

It seems so funny to hear that you are all heading back to work and your children school. My son is on summer holidays here in the land of oz for another 3 1/2 weeks. I hope that your working days fly by and the days you spend at home relaxing with your family and friend move slowly.

Take Care Melinda

Patti said...

No such thing as easing into work, it sounds like.
And your mom would be right. Don't wish the days and weeks away. ;-)

Michele said...

Hang in there, Lynn. If you can survive that nasty Christmas flu, you can survive this! :)

ms chica said...

I have a history of trial by fire orientations too. At least Wednesday, the kids will be happy for your return.

Marshamlow said...

Have a great week.

slow panic said...

hope your first day at work was good. my kids started back last week. blah. blah on the homework part especially!

Renee Nefe said...

The talent is fiction...so you don't have to really be talented. The world may never know how off key I sing. ;o)

the moose buyer said...

Lynn, my baby cousin, the only part for me being so much older than you is that you have so many more years to work than I do.

All my life I heard mom say not to wish our lives away but I gotta tell you that these last two years until retirement seem to be taking forever.