Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Groaner

In honor of Ralph, who was very creative in his last response to my Disneyland post...Here's a really clever groaner for you. I wish that I could say that I was clever enough to have created it, but I wasn't.

A thief in Paris planned to steal some paintings from the Louvre. After careful planning, he got past security, stole the paintings and made it safely to his van. However, he was captured only two blocks away when his van ran out of gas. When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied, "Monsier that is the reason I stole the paintings. I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh."

See if you have De Gaulle to tell this to someone... I posted it here because I figured I had nothing Toulouse.

Still waiting for the ballads grade...

10 comments:

Michele said...

Heheheh... love it! The scary thing is, I actually got it on the first try without actually having to reread it.... :D

meno said...

That's terrible! You should be ashamed.

:)

Marshamlow said...

Perfect! thanks for the smile.

Patti said...

I got this in an e-mail last week, so I got to groan twice. ;-)
It's actually cute.

Joan said...

How do you say "groan" in French???

Renee Nefe said...

gémissement

jaded said...

No words. *shaking head*

Lynn said...

Michele - Good for you for getting this on the first read through:~)

Meno - It is terrible...isn't it:~)

Marshmlow - Thanks, and you're welcome.

Patti - I find it amazing how emails go from one side of this country to another and all over the world. Your husbands comment to me gave me the impetus to post this.

Joan - Groan (with a french accent?) I think Renee supplied you with the answer.

Renee - Yep.

Patches - I suppose shaking your head is the cat equivalent of a groan.

Lynanne said...

Oh dear gourd, no. Painfully clever indeed!

Texasholly said...

groooooan.