Monday, December 24, 2007

I Held It Together

Have you ever been so extraordinarily exhausted that you cannot think straight, or hold it together for even one more minute? That is how I've been feeling. I guess the stress of my mom having the stomach flu...followed by DH having the stomach flu...followed by Elle having the stomach flu...followed by me not being allowed to have the stomach flu because after all, I am the mom, was just too much for me.

Friday Elle and Sport started their two week vacation from school (yippee...no homework for two weeks...no packing lunches in the morning...did I mention no homework?) I guess with everything winding down, my resistance just gave up. In the morning, I offered to take Elle and Sport to see a movie. Sport then invited his friend, and his friends sister (who happens to go to school with Elle). So I was committed to going...but as the day progressed, I started to feel nauseous. However, I promised that I would take them to see a movie, so I wasn't about to let myself feel sick.

Managed to hold it together to sit throught an afternoon showing of "Nation.al Treas.ure". The kids sat 4 rows in front of me which allowed me to sit by myself, snuggled under my down jacket and fight off nausea throughout the movie. The good news is that we all enjoyed the movie...and I never got 'sick' in the theater.

I've slept for the last three days, and am still recovering. Boy oh boy did I need that sleep!

10 comments:

Joan said...

I am so happy to know that you've finally found some time to take care of yourself. You deserve a little "Lynn" time. And now hopefully you'll be up to a little post-Christmas shopping on Wednesday!

ms chica said...

It is such a terrible feeling trying to hold yourself together when you are fighting nausea. I guess that's what the popcorn containers are for.

I hope the worst is behind you so you can enjoy your holiday.

Marshamlow said...

I hope that you are feeling better and enjoy Christmas too. You are very strong and quite frankly amazing.

meno said...

I guess you got some flu-enforced down time. It's better than none, but still, i imagine you could have done without the flu. Glad you are feeling better.

Renee Nefe said...

Oh No! I hope you're feeling better soon. that's some bad stuff

Merry Christmas.

slow panic said...

yuck. hope you are feeling better. it is that wonderful time of the year.....

Patti said...

Lynn I hope you are all recovered from that nasty illness.

That sleeping must have felt great.
Do I sound envious? ;-)

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you have your feet up and are surrounded by helpers catering to your every whim.

Mary said...

Lynn,

I do hope you're feeling better and that the sleep you had got you through today, so you could enjoy Christmas.

Blessings,
Mary

Lynn said...

Joan - No matter what...I will be up to shopping bright and early, the day after Christmas:~)

Ms. Chica - I couldn't even look at a popcorn container on Friday. I seriously thought about asking for one of those cardboard boxes (that you use to carry drinks) but then I figured having one might somehow give me permission to 'lose it'. Instead I planned my "Find the nearest trash can" strategy. Which I fortunately didn't need to use. whew!

Marsha - Fortunately I am feeling better today. Which is a good thing considering that tomorrow morning I am going shopping with my sister.

Meno - It seems that the only down time I get is if I am sick. Kind of stinks. Although my mother assures me that someday...when the kids are grown and out of the house, I will have lots of down time.

Renee - It was bad stuff. Fortunately I feel better now.

Jodi - Yep...it's the most yuckiful time of the year. (as far as illness goes)

Patti - The sleep was heavenly. I think that I slept more in the last three days than I have in the last three weeks combined!

Nancy - Now that would be quite a holiday fantasy.

Mary - The sleep definitely helped, as did being left alone by my family. Thanks