Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where or Where Has My Packing List Gone?

In less than 24 hours, I will be leaving to go camping for the weekend. Have I packed yet? No, of course not. I had every intention of packing earlier in the week, but life seemed to get in the way. There were lists to be made, supplies to buy, more lists to be made, additional trips to the store for things that I had forgotten. Did I mention lists?

I made lists and then lost said lists and then had to print out additional copies of lists, but couldn't find my 'thumb drive' (which had the list on it). Then I had to spend time looking for the thumb drive, and while I was looking, I remembered that I needed to get out some flashlights to take with us, and while I was looking for the flashlights, I found some bandanas and some rain ponchos...and oh wait then I needed batteries for the flashlights, but wait...wasn't I looking for my list?

Oh, no problem...I didn't need a list to remember that I needed to go to the shed and pull out the sleeping bags, cushions, camp stove, pots/pans, tent, tarp...well you get the idea. So now my family room looks like a camping store and I still haven't found that damn 'thumb drive'. And that's what I get for not saving the list onto my computer desktop. Did I mention, that I needed to find containers to put the paper towels, and garbage bags, and oh I know that there is so much more on my list...where could I have put it??? Where was the last place I had it... wait one second. No seriously...I think I know where I put the list. I'll be right back.

Am I a genius or what?!?...I found my list...under one of the bags of supplies that I purchased. I better stop procrastinating and go pack...Now if I can only find my pen...

11 comments:

Marshamlow said...

I would say to delegate some of this to the kids, but I have kids and know how that goes. I have had days like this, have a good trip.

the moose buyer said...

you are too funny. Tell me again what's fun about camping. I read this and remembered why I don't like it. Staying in a classy hotel is much easier for me.

Hope you all have a great time and that YOU find some time for yourself to relax cousin!!!

Patti said...

write the list on the computer then you can just call it up (unless the power goes out)

Is that a good solution? Or am I being annoying?

armalicious said...

Ha! that's why I hate lists...I always lose them! And never follow them anyway.

Hope you have a good trip!!

Renee Nefe said...

I hope you found your thumb drive too. I love my list too.

btw: I tagged you.

Ralph said...

Ah, forget about the list. I mean, since you are tent camping, you are going to be foraging and living off the land anyhow, right?

Lynn said...

Marsha - Having the kids help, usually means that getting ready takes twice as long.

The Moose Buyer - We go camping with three other families...the fun is in the spending time together.

Patti - I wrote the list on the computer...I just forgot to save it to the computer. ooops

Arm - Thanks...I love lists...I just hate losing them.

Renee - I finally found the thumb drive..after I was already packed. sigh. Thanks for tagging me, I will do the tag when I return.

Ralph - Hahaha yeah right...I feel like I have packed everything but the kitchen sink to take with us, and the only reason the sink isn't coming is because I have no more room in my van.

ms chica said...

Our thumb drive was MIA for three months. My better half kept asking me about it. He located it under a stack of papers. His papers. That's the thing about packing it is so easy to get ahead of yourself or behind yourself.

Have a great trip!

egan said...

Ha, this kind of thing happens to me all the time. Well, the good news is you found the list and you're camping. How cool is that! Have fun Lynn.

Michele said...

I hope you have tons and tons of fun. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!

Natalie said...

I love lists too! Saving is definitely key though :)