Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Why Am I Doing This?

Never thought that I would be sitting here writing a blog. I mean...who actually has the time to spend doing this? Just brought my dog, Amber, home from the vet. She had TPLO surgery yesterday, her second one in 15 months. At $3,600 for each surgery, I must either really love my dog...or I must be insane. I prefer to pretend the former, although when the bill comes, I'm sure that I will believe the latter. Either way... my wallet hurts (this comment was provided by my 12 year old daughter). Amber is currently blissfully relaxing in her crate, having been given a morphine patch that will last for 5 days...lucky her! I asked the vet for a prescription for valium for me...she just laughed. Don't know why she laughed, I was serious!!!!!!!

So what are my plans for this blog? Who knows. Realistically...who cares? I'd probably do better with a diary (the kind with a lock and key). Maybe when I'm done here, I will print this out and let my "princess doped up dog" do her "business" on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I am so happy you're finally onboard with this blogging thing! I expect lots of brilliance in between your snoring.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. Maybe Joan will quit bugging me to blog and start bugging you.

P.S. Glad to hear "Robo-Pup" is OK.

Anonymous said...

Happy Amber is fine. Have you guys considered "doggy insurance"?

Sounds like you need a long relaxing rest. I think you need to lock yourself in a quiet room alone and just read or listen to some relaxing music for a while.