Thursday, January 18, 2007

Amber - Day Two

Back to the insane comment from yesterday...I must be. Spent all yesterday afternoon and evening perched on the floor (can you be perched on the floor or do you need to be up on something?) in front of Amber's crate. Mind you, this is not how I would usually choose to spend an evening, but someone (and that would be me) needed to sit with Amber to make sure that she didn't lick her incision site. It was either that or have her wear an "Elizabethian collar". (In case you don't know what that is, it's a huge plastic cone that goes over the dogs head). The collar looks both ridiculous and uncomfortable. My daughter, we'll call her twelve (since that's her age) and my son, we'll call him ten (since that's his age) did "spell" me so that I could both "make and eat" dinner. The incision site from her TPLO surgery had started to bleed sometime during the afternoon. Not alot of blood, mind you, but enough to make me call the surgeon. This didn't happen after her last surgery. The office said to watch it to see if we (meaning me) needed to bring her back for another stitch. Just how I would want to spend my day! Can you say STRESS????? Thank goodness this morning there wasn't any blood. Gave Amber a sedative so that she would be comfortable in her crate today. Came home from work, Amber looked as comfortable as one can look with the collar on. She stared at me with big brown glassy eyes (can you say morphine patch plus a sedative?). So now where am I?.....you guessed it, typing this blog, perched on my chair with one eye on the screen and of course one eye on Amber... Has anyone got any extra valium?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good mama you are...and how talented! I'd love to see how you manage to have your two eyes looking in opposite directions...now THAT would be a photo!