Friday, January 19, 2007

The Misplaced Sedative?

I think I misplaced a sedative. No...I wasn't lucky enough to have one for me, but I could swear that I gave one to Amber (the dog) this morning. It's supposed to make her sleepy and lethargic. I know that I stuck it in the back of her throat this morning and kept her mouth closed while she licked peanut butter from my finger, but when I came home from work, she was sitting up in her crate looking wide awake. Amber was raring to go. I took her out "business", not one, not two, not three, but four times until she decided to "go". Amber was using the leg that she had just had surgery on. Well, not really using it...but it was actually touching the ground, which is something she hadn't been doing since her injury on Sunday night. After doing her thing, she sat down, proceeded to "clean herself' (o.k. she was licking herself) then decided to get up and get a drink of water. I however, was totally mentally exhausted from trying to coordinate the sling, the leash, and the dog who had her own time table for "doing her business". Now, she's sitting next to me looking quite awake, and barking at the wind.... What part of sedative doesn't she understand??? I need to go pick up Ten and Twelve but before I go there's something really important that I have to do... Lucky me gets to crawl on my hands and knees and look around to see if I can find that darn sedative... just in case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have known you since before you were you, and I find your sense of humor about Amber's surgery truly amazing. I am happy you are seeing it this way, and hope Amber will continue to heal quickly and you can go back to your regular stressful life soon.

Anonymous said...

And you're worried...why??? I'd think you would be thrilled that Amber is getting back to her cute, active little (OK, so not-so-little) self. Let's face it...she loves her "mama" and always perks up when you're in the room.