Monday, January 29, 2007

Double The Dose

Took Amber to the vet to have her stitches removed (no more cone-head for her!) . Incision site is looking fine. Vet could see how "hyped up and ready to go" Amber is. I explained that this is how Amber behaves even WITH a sedative (we won't mention the one I forgot to give her)....so...the doctor prescribed giving Amber double the dose (two pills instead of one...not to exceed 4 in a 24 hour period), plus...Amber can now go on two 10-15 minute walks everyday. Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!!!!! We still need to use the "sling" to help protect her leg, and she still is not allowed to go up the stairs, but for her to be able to "go for a walk, outside"... will seem like Heaven to her, and to us. In addition , Amber has lost 5 pounds since her surgery. I don't get it, all she's done is sit around in her crate or next to one of us all day, eat, and go outside to "do her business", and she's lost 5 pounds. I work, run around with my kids, take care of the dog etc...and I gained weight...doesn't seem fair.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Yeah...Amber is partially out of bondage! I'm glad everything is looking OK and she is on the road to recovery. Now, if only you can keep her from scampering down that road, she'll be good as new in no time...and slimmer too!