Wednesday, July 23, 2008

She's Gone

Sunday night Yulia left to return to Russia=~( We are all sad. Now that both foreign exchange students have gone our house seems really, really empty with only the 5 of us, the dog and the two kitties. It is so hard to believe that four weeks have gone by so quickly. It is almost frightening how it flew by. Sometimes I feel like my life is flying by as days turn into weeks, which then turn into months and then years. I mean, wasn't it just New Years 2000?

The day before Yulia left, we took her minature golfing. It is something that she had never done before and she really enjoyed it. Then we took her to some outlet stores so that she could shop some more. Let me tell you...this girl really likes to shop! So much so, that as she was packing her suitcase to go home, she ran out of room and ended up leaving 2 bags (like purses) and a whole bunch of bathroom stuff which has labels in Russian, so we have no idea what they are for =(

We have already received an email from Yulia and she has arrived home safely. We've been receiving emails pretty regularly from Indonesia which is really nice. It's strange though...the emails all come from the future...sometimes, we even respond to the emails before they were written...boy is that weird!

I have seven more days of summer school, and then I will be off until September. I am so not looking forward to school starting, both for Elle and Sport, and for me. Yet, I know that it will be here in the blink of an eye...I guess that means that I better try to enjoy every moment...breathe in...breathe out.

7 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I'm giggling at how Yulia left you those items that you have no idea what they are. That's funny. You might be able to look them up online...or you could ship her stuff to her too.

I'm sorry that your "rental kids" are no longer there. (I call any extra kids at my house "rentals", just a silly thing I say.) I know you all have made great memories and lifetime friends.

The summer is just flying by. We'll be going on another camping trip here soon and one of the folks going is trying to scare us by counting down the days...she doesn't scare me, I just went camping...I'm ready! ha ha

Marshamlow said...

Our school year is starting Aug 6th. I am not looking forward to it either. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. I love reading about your adventures with the exchange students.

jaded said...

I'm glad your family enjoyed such a rich experience this summer.

I have mixed feelings about summer this year. I enjoy the change of season, the warmth, but I am looking forward to cooler temperatures.

meno said...

I am familiar with that hole in the house that the exchange students leave behind. But how wonderful that you got to have them for a while.

Madge said...

enjoy the rest of your vacation. school will be here way to soon.

Ralph said...

Wonder who gained the most by their visits. I'd say that all learned much, but you have so many great memories of their time.

And you were a great host, I'd say.

Elle and Sport's job is to go to school. But your kids will be home every day, so you have that time together. Both of ours will be at the University of Hartford, and not back home every day...easy to miss them. Later for yours of course.

But you have that month off, relax early and often...

sari said...

I remember when you were worried about your students coming to stay with you, I'm so glad that everything turned out so well! I know that you all have memories that will stay with you always!!

My boys have been in school for a week already, I'm sitting here thinking "where did the last week go already?" and knowing pretty soon I'll be saying "where did the school year go?" it's already going too fast.