Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Kitty Tale

DH and I promised Elle a kitty if she brought her grades up, and promised to be responsible for the kitty's care. Her grades are up and it looks like she will be getting a kitty this Saturday from a rescue group.

Rescue group woman told me that the kitty that Elle wants, has a sibling. Rescue group woman sent pictures of alleged kitty sibling. Rescue group woman said that if we take both kitties that she will only charge us for one of them. Rescue group woman does not play fairly.

I have a feeling that Elle will be bringing home two kitty's on Saturday...sigh.

Rescue group woman said to buy a scratching post that is made of rope. Elle wants something that also has a ledge for the kitty to sit on. Does anyone have any ideas as to where we could get something suitable for one (or two) kittys? I used to have four kittys, but they were indoor and outdoor kittys and didn't need any fancy scratching posts...they had the great outdoors. These kittys...oops did I just say these???...I meant this kitty will be an indoor kitty. Any other suggestions as far as litter boxes, food, toys...etc????

I am still tired from the camping trip this past weekend...Rescue group woman certainly caught me at a weak moment. Breathe in...breathe out.

8 comments:

Marshamlow said...

I think every cat is different. My cat in onry, she refuses to use a scratching post no matter how many I buy, she likes to sharpen her claws on our furniture and our rungs. My kitty wont use her litter box if there is anything in it at all, she will then use the bathtub or the tile floor by the front door.

Madge said...

We keep thinking about getting another cat (we are currently catless) and then I think about scratching posts and litter boxes and toys.....

still, i'm glad you are rescuing two kitties this weekend. you'll love 'em.

Renee Nefe said...

first the dog: I think she's upset because DH is out of town and we've been out of the house a lot lately...but she's always gorged on water when we come home. She's just weird that way. The vet says she's fine...just weird.

re: the kitty(ies) ;0) Most all places that carry pet supplies have the scratching post with a ledge that you're looking for. If you're at all handy you can make them yourself with PVC, rope, carpet scraps & some glue (like gorilla glue). But I think now days it's much easier to just buy them. WalMart has some good ones, and so does PetSmart. The kitty we sat for had one with a springy toy on it that she liked a lot.

As far as the litter box, well there are soooo many options for that. If you're expecting Elle to keep it scooped, then you had better go for a large box (biggest you can find!) cuz you don't want the kitty(ies) deciding that it's not clean enough and choosing another place to go.

I just saw an ad for this one litterbox system that attaches to your toilet and self cleans!!! It seemed really hokey to me, but would be killer cool if it really worked. Oh and they still sell those kits for training the cat to use the toilet. I think I would go for that! no litter and no mess...well except for the suprise presents in the toilet...unless you also train kitty to flush.

Patti said...

Kitties!

= ^.^ =

Good for you.
If we can put up with crazy cat antics, then so can you.
Ours are not only underfoot, they are overhead. They've taken over the house for sure.

Pam said...

I am deathly allergic to cats but love them and would have at least six if not for the allergies. I would like to think that by not splitting up the siblings, they will be happier and provide comfort and entertainment for each other... for whatever that's worth in the grand scheme of the promised kitty becoming a plural thing.
;-)

jaded said...

One kitty, two kitty, red kitty, blue kitty....

A spray bottle of water can be an effective means of discipline.

Ralph said...

Here a me, there an ow...

I am happy we have two kitties. And they try to appreciate us. And we try to show appreciation of how they try to appreciate us and...You'll love them both

Lynanne said...

Good luck with the two kitties. ;)
Might the rescue lady have suggestions for food, litter, etc that the cats are used to and do best with? She's probably tried them all :)