Thursday, March 6, 2008

He Turned It Down

DH called the place that had offered him a job at approximately 1/2 his previous salary and told them that he couldn't take the job. He explained that he really didn't think that it would be a 'good fit' for him.

They told DH that they really appreciate that he didn't take the job (while continuing to look for another job), have them take the time to train him, and then quit. They really thanked him for not wasting their time.


DH is really a stand-up guy:~)

Breathe in...breathe out...

7 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Perhaps their gratitude might help him in the future. Sometimes honesty can be rewarding.

I hope he finds something good soon.

jaded said...

I couldn't imagine you being with him if he wasn't a stand up guy. It says a lot about the decline of society when people thank you for doing the right thing.

May DH be rewarded for doing the right thing with a better offer soon.

meno said...

see that picture over on the side of your blog that shows you meditating?

Try to keep breathing.

Patti said...

Yes, Lynn, try to keep breathing.

Breathing is important.

Have a good weekend.

sari said...

I hope you're feeling better.

Lynn said...

Renee - I hope so.

Patches - I can't imagine me with a non-stand up kind of guy either. I agree...it is strange that people find it unusual, and worthy of a compliment, when someone does the right thing.

Meno - I am working on it...constantly reminding myself to relax, visualize the positive, and breathe.

Patti - There is definitely nothing overrated about breathing:~)

Sari - Thanks

egan said...

Those McDonald's job interviews can be quite revealing.