I am now one week post surgery and have learned some important lessons:
- My bathroom is a long, long, long way from my bed. (o.k. fine...it just feels that way)
- I am a well-hydrated woman. (see #1 above)
- Showering while standing on one leg is tough.
- Shaving while standing on one leg is tougher.
- I'm pretty tough.
- Accepting help from others is difficult for me.
- I expect perfection from myself...but not from others.
- Going down the stairs on your bottom is more fun when you're a kid.
- Going upstairs on your bottom doesn't really work : (
- Sometimes I whine...for no other reason than I am feeling sorry for myself.
Clearly I've had a lot of time on my hands to sit and do nothing. Before the surgery, I had a fantasy that I would use my time in bed to organize my bedroom (by cleaning out my dresser drawers) ...instead I've used my time to veg-out in front of the TV...sigh