Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Handicap Parking Spaces

Since I've had my foot surgery, my podiatrist signed off for me to get a temporary handicap parking placard. I've really needed it these past few weeks, as walking for even a short distance is difficult (my almost 88 year old mother walks faster than I do these days...sigh). I've decided that there are a lot of people on this planet who need to experience first hand what it feels like to look for a handicap parking spot only to find that they are all taken : (

Dear Bitch in the Lin.coln Navi.gator,
I want to thank you for your thoughtlessness the other night. Clearly the fact that you drive a big-ass SUV means that you are absolutely allowed to park in as many spaces as you want. In fact, your parking job was so thoughtless that I think that you should teach a class to other self-involved bitches instructing them on the proper technique for taking at least two parking spaces, and for making sure that one of them is a handicap parking space. My daughter and I especially enjoyed how you walked out of the store and got into your car without any apology to me for taking up the one spot that I needed to park in. That's right, the one that was painted blue with a white wheelchair on it. I must have missed your placard.

I want you to know that I am looking forward to the day when you need to park in that spot, and some other self-involved bitch makes it impossible.

BTW, in the State of California, the fine for parking in a handicap parking spot, when you don't have a placard is...$250-$500 for the for the first offense...of course, seeing how thoughtless you are, I'm thinking that you have already worked your way up to 3+ offenses at the cost of $750-$1,000 each. Please remit your check to any DMV office.

Signed,
Limping along slowly

5 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I'm so sorry that some folks are so thoughtless. I've seen all sorts of thoughtlessness though.

I hope she gets caught soon.

Joan said...

Some day I'm going to publish a book titled "It's All About Me" where I display photos of people who have parked without any regard for other drivers. Your lady could certainly have a chapter all to herself.

the moose buyer said...

You really have a knack for sarcasm which is classic. I wish I had that family gene in my body. The next time I need to sarc at someone, I am going to call my baby cousin Lynn.

Patti said...

I like how you wrote this. Like Moosie said, you have a knack!

I hear you on the parking issues and moronic drivers.
Ralph does too (I'll speak for him here)

david mcmahon said...

Maybe the woman in the Lincoln was on her way to an appointment for chronic eyesight loss!!!