Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No Computer Yet...sigh

We have decided to buy a desktop and a laptop (the desktop with gaming capabilities for Sport, and the laptop with music capabilities for Elle). We still haven't decided on which ones. There are some good prices out there, but when you add in a 3 year warranty, and a 3 year anti-virus type protection, suddenly the price becomes not quite so good...sigh:~(

On the kitty front, Elle and I took the kitties to the vet yesterday. Midnight doubled her weight in two weeks and went from 1 pound to 2 pounds=^..^=, and Twilight went from 1.6 pounds to 2 pounds in the same time period=^..^=. They both weighed enough to get their vaccinations...needless to say, I am the mean one who held them while they were injected...and Elle is the nice one who stood back and had nothing to do with it all...sigh. They both received another round of de-worming...yuck. Both of them were low energy last night and this morning, not eating much...but they've seemed to have perked up this evening:~) (Their pictures will be posted as soon as we get a computer)

Work is winding down. Sport and Elle have 16 more days of school until they each culminate, and I have 21 more days of school until summer vacation. woohoo! At this point in time, I am still slated to work summer school. Sport doesn't want me to work (even though it's only 4 weeks and even though he will be in camp)...I think that he likes the idea of me being at home. Elle doesn't mind if I work, as long as she can come to work with me. I'm hoping that I will get some elementary schools to work at so that she can volunteer in some classrooms.

Did I mention that Elle earned the Gold level Presidential Service Award? DH and I are both really proud of her. She wants to continue volunteering both with Girl Scouts, at our church, and hopefully at my work. Good for her.

Now it's back to the internet (thank goodness for my work laptop) so that I can continue to fill my brain with more computer stuff...sigh...breathe in...breathe out.

10 comments:

sari said...

Congrats to Elle!

My boys are out of school TOMORROW!! I'm happy, it feels weird that summer vacation is here already though!

egan said...

Good for Elle. Awards are a nice reward for hard work. Which computers are you considering? Just curious if Macs are in the running or not.

Marshamlow said...

Congratulations to Elle, that is wonderful. Our schools get out tomorrow too. Wish they had those Christams type sales on computers everyday.

Michele said...

Fantastic Elle! Congrats! That is awesome. Something to be extremely proud of. Way to go kiddo!!!!

jaded said...

First, congratulations to Elle on her service award. That's quite an accomplishment. It says a lot about her character and also about the example you and DH provide as parents.

Computer shopping is a real shell game. If you find yourself having to choose one computer for the extended warranty, get it for the laptop. The laptop will be more susceptible to bumps and knocks being the more portable of the two.

Glad the kitties' health is improving.

Patti said...

Congratulations to Elle! What a wonderful honor for her.

yay! The kitty cats are doing well. You are a good cat mommy.

Lynanne said...

Go Elle!!!!!!

My kids were supposed to be out next week but we had so many snow days to make up. Bleah. It sounds like working this summer isn't going to be as stressful for you as it was when it felt like you were forced to do so?

Good luck on computer shopping! I cant wait to see photos of the kitties!

Lynn said...

Sari - Summer vacation starting in May...that sounds heavenly! When do they start back?

Egan - Seriously looked at Macs. At this point in time, they are just too expensive for us, even with my educators discount. However, Elle has informed us that she definitely wants a Mac when she goes to college...I better start saving now!

Marshamlow - I wish that they had Christmas sales everyday too.

Michele - Elle says thanks:~)

Patches - Thanks...Elle is quite the character...oops, I mean she has quite a bit of character. I can't wait for the kitties to be 100% healthy.

Patti - Elle says thanks. Actually I am the cat grandma.

Lynanne - The amount of stress working this summer brings will be directly correlated to my assignment, and whether or not the principals will allow me to bring Elle with me so that she can volunteer.

Joan said...

I can't wait to play on your new "toys"...assuming the kids will let me have some time on them.

Patti said...

I'm hoping you are OK, I check your blog at least once a day.